LEADERSHIP HENDRICKS COUNTY
Since 1993, Leadership Hendricks County, Inc. (LHC) has given citizens the leadership tools and county-wide information they need to take on effective leadership roles. LHC is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. The generous support of corporations and individuals enables LHC’s continued service to the county, its people, and employers by offering top-notch leadership and engagement programs for current and emerging leaders.
- MISSION: To seek, prepare, involve and sustain leaders from diverse backgrounds to address community and countywide changes.
- VISION: To develop quality leaders serving Hendricks County and west central Indiana.
- CORE VALUES: We believe that leaders define the strength of the community. We believe in lifelong learning, developing and empowering leaders to succeed, and equipping leaders to serve the community.
2021 Board of Directors
Cassie Mecklenburg, Chair
Marina Keers, Treasurer
Hendricks County Senior Services
Jason Speckman, Immediate Past-Chair
Stock Yards Bank & Trust Co.
Nolan Security & Investigations
Kemper CPA Group LLP
Hendricks County Sheriff’s Department
Chad Ferman, Vice Chair
Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance
Amy Watson, Secretary
Hendricks Power Cooperative
Hendricks Regional Health
Merrill Lynch Global Wealth Management
Chick-fil-A of Avon
The Veridus Group
Since 1993, LHC has sharpened the leadership skills and deepened the community knowledge of nearly 700 local adults from the private, public, and civic sectors through an eleven-month program designed to:
- help participants acquire an understanding of the critical issues affecting the county.
- develop the leadership and stewardship capabilities needed to resolve those issues.
- create a strong network among participants from different backgrounds and diverse interests.
- provide participants with access to the region’s current top leadership.
- inspire participants to address community challenges producing visible, positive change.
Every year, LHC selects between 25 and 30 existing and emerging leaders through a competitive application process. By assembling diverse classes of corporate executives, entrepreneurs, educators, non-profit managers, and public servants, the program creates interactions that deepen the community’s talent pool of leaders, bridges gaps between sectors, and encourages creative solutions to pressing issues.
Participation has inspired LHC alumni to launch new non-profit agencies, start businesses, and run for political offices. They’ve taken on challenging new roles for their employers, served on hundreds of elected and civic boards, and provided thousands of hours of volunteer work for local non-profits.
Leadership Development Series
The Leadership Development Series is a series of half-day workshops offered throughout the year focused on leadership skill development. Participants hear from experts in leadership and participate in engaging and timely leadership topics readily applicable to the workforce. The workshops are open to all and are beneficial to those in any level of leadership: from leading self to leading an organization. For more information on the current series, click below.
Our partnership with Amazon.com lets you get the things you need while giving back. Shop at Smile.Amazon.com, select Leadership Hendricks County Inc. and a percent will be donated to Leadership Hendricks County.